Craft highly customized outreach to engage prospects by drilling down to product usage at the application level. With the Application Insights tool, you can easily explore domain- and application-level insights, right in the web app!
Sales reps can use granular insights like these to build highly customized sales strategies for target accounts. Use knowledge of each application's tech stack to steer your focus towards the applications that represent the best land and expand sales opportunities. Answer questions like:
- What applications should I speak to my prospect about?
- What's the best use case we should pitch to this customer?
- What are all the other applications that are using our competitor at this account?
Enterprise customers with access to the Account Planning data set. Interested in learning more? Contact us.Application Insights is available for
Ready to get started? This article will walk you through how to leverage Application Insights for account planning.
Navigating to Application Insights
Researching a prospect? You can navigate to the Application Insights view to drill down into the prospect's domains/applications from the company report.
You can open the Application Insights view by clicking the button in the Domains & Applications card on the company report:
Or by clicking the Application Insights link while viewing product usage details:
Either of these links will open the Application Insights view for the company you're viewing!
When you first open the Application Insights tool for a particular company, you'll initially be taken to the Domain view. This is where you can view, filter, and sort all the domains associated with the company:
You can narrow down the list of domains by filtering them according to the products or product categories most relevant to you:
- Click Add Rule to open the rule selection window
- Select the rule you'd like to add. Currently, we support filtering domains by:
- Product Category
- Specify the products or product categories you're interested in, based on your selected rule.
- Click Add Rule to confirm your selection and filter the domain list.
The domain list will update to show domains that match your specified rules.
Note that you can add/edit/remove rules at any time to update the list of matching domains.
You can further prioritize domains by sorting them based on key criteria. Looking to focus on domains that see the highest traffic? Most interested in domains that aren't yet using many products in your category?
Quickly answer these questions by sorting the domain list by column. You can sort by:
- Alexa Rank: Prioritize domains with the highest traffic, as measured by Alexa rank
- Applications: Prioritize domains based on the number of associated applications
- Products: Prioritize domains based on the number of products being used
- Product Category: Prioritize domains based on the number of products being used in a particular category, like CDN or Security
Analyzing Domain Data
Once you've prioritized the domains you're most interested in, you can easily drill down for more information about that domain.
For any domain, you can click on the products link to see which products the domain is using in a particular category. In this example, you can see that the nikeid.com domain is using 2 products in the Content Delivery category:
Once you're ready to drill down even further on a domain, to the application-level insights, click the View link in the left.
Drilling Down to Applications
You can access the Applications view by clicking the View link on any domain. In the Applications view, you'll be able to browse, filter, and sort a list of all the applications associated with the selected domain:
Just like in the Domains view, you can:
- Filter the applications by Product or Product Category
- Sort the applications by product count
- Click into the Product links to identify exactly what products each application is using in a particular category.